Shop and Establishment Acts have been enacted by the states to regulate conditions of work and to provide for statutory obligations of the employers and rights of the employees in un-organized sector of employment such as shops, commercial establishments, residential hotels, restaurants, theatres and other establishments in their jurisdiction.
It is applicable to all persons employed in an establishment with or without wages, except the members of the employer’s family.
Provides for compulsory registration of shops / establishments
Provides for communication of closure of Shops / establishments
Lays down the hours of work-per day & week; guidelines for rest interval, opening and closing hours closed days, national and religious holiday’s overtime work
Provides for maintenance of statutory registers & records and display notices
Provides for obligations of employers as well as employees
Services We Offer
We are Labour Law Consultants and at Mirrormira, we provide following services in compliance to the provisions of Shops & Establishments Acts.
- Registration of Shops and Establishments under the Act
- Providing day to day consultancy on matters pertaining to the Act
- Obtaining Duplicate Registration Certificate in case of loss or mutilation of Original Registration Certificate
- Intimating changes in details of Shops and Establishments / Occupier to the concerned authorities under the Act
- Assistance to establishments in complying various provisions of the Act related to working Hours, Rest Hours, Employment of Women, Weekly Holiday, Payment of Wages, Deduction from Wages, Leave, Employment Letter, Opening and Closing Hours of Shops & Establishments etc;
- Assistance to establishments in complying various provisions of the Act related to Display, Notices and Disclosures
- Preparation and Maintenance of various Registers like Register of Fines, Register of Deductions, Register of Employment, Register of Wages as prescribed under the Act
- Representing Shops / Establishments before Inspector
- Assistance to establishments at the time of inspection of any Shop / Establishment by the Inspector
- Timely updating and proper Guidelines, if any changes in Act or Rules