The Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970 has been enacted to regulate the employment of contract labour and to bring them at per with directly employed labour with regard to the working conditions and other benefits and also to provide for abolition of contract labour in certain circumstances.
Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970 extends to whole of India
Applicable to all industrial and commercial establishments
Registration / License Registration:
Every establishment to which this Act applies shall get itself register with the registering authority
Every contractor / sub-contractor to whom this Act applies shall obtain a license from the licensing authority and such contractor / sub-contractor shall undertake or execute work through contract labour in accordance with terms of license issued by the licensing officers.
Contractor / Sub Contractor shall be responsible for payment of wages to each worker employed by him as contract labour
Every such payment to contract labour shall be paid in the presence of authorized representative of Principal Employer
In case the Contractor / Sub Contractor fails to make payment of wages within the prescribed period or makes short payment then, the principal Employer shall be liable to make payment of wages in full or the unpaid balance due, as the case may be, to the contract labour employed by the Contractor / Sub Contractor.
Services We Offer
We are Contract Labour Consultants and at Mirrormira, we provide following services in compliance to the provisions of Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970.
Contract Labour Compliances
- Obtaining Labour License for Contractor / Sub Contractor from the licensing authority
- Renewal of Labour License from time to time from the licensing authority
- Preparation & filling of returns with registering / licensing authority
- Preparation & Maintenance of various Registers as provided under the Contract Labour Act like Register of Contractors, Register of Workmen Employed by Contractor, Register of Wages, Register of Overtime, Register of Deductions, Register of Advances, Register of Fines etc,
- Assistance in preparing & maintenance of various records like Wage Slip, Muster Roll etc, as provided under the Contract Labour Act
- Assistance in ensuring compliance of the provisions of the Contract Labour Act related to disclosures, notice, displays, deduction etc,
- Providing day to day consultancy on various issues pertaining to Contact Labour Act
- Assistance in issuance of Employment Cards to workmen
- Assistance in issuance of Service Certificates to workmen
- Providing assistance to the Contractors in complying the applicable provisions of the Contract Labour Act
- Assistance at the time of Inspection / Enquires conducted under the Contract Labour Act
- Correspondence / Liaisoning with Labour Departments
- Replying / Satisfying Show Cause Notices issued under the Contract Labour Act
- Appearing before the concerned authorities on behalf of the Contractors in show cause / adjudication proceedings
- Timely updating and proper Guidelines, if any changes in Act or Rules