Professional Tax is a tax levied on professions and trades in India. It is a state-level tax and has to be compulsorily paid by every member of staff employed in private companies. The owner of a business is responsible to deduct professional tax from the salaries of his employees and pay the amount so collected to the appropriate government department. In this article, we look at Professional Tax in Tamilnadu with emphasis on the process for registration, professional tax rates and professional tax return filing.
Professional tax in Tamil Nadu is applicable to every company which transacts business and for persons engaged in any profession, trade, calling or employment. The professional tax is calculated by self-assessment and is based on the half-yearly gross income of the employee or professional.
Professional Tax Rates :
The following are the slabs of Professional Tax in Tamilnadu: • Upto Rs.21,000 of Half-Yearly Income – NIL • Rs.21,000 to Rs.30,000 of Half-Yearly Income – Rs.135 • Rs.30,001 to Rs.45,000 of Half-Yearly Income – Rs.315 • Rs.45,001 to Rs.60,000 of Half-Yearly Income – Rs.690 • Rs.60,001 to Rs.75,000 of Half-Yearly Income – Rs.1025 • Rs.75,001 and above of Half-Yearly Income – Rs.1250
Services We Offer
We are Labour Law Consultants and at Mirrormira, we provide following services in compliance to the provisions of Professional Tax.
- Registration / Enrolment under Professional Tax
- Providing day to day consulting in matters pertaining to Professional Tax.
- Assistance to deduction and payment of Professional Tax
- Preparation & filling of periodical returns
- Assistance at the time of inspections and enquiries conducted by the Inspector.
- Updating of Data and rates as per changes in Govt. Rules.